Friday, April 22, 2011

Olivia is 5!

Olivia is 5! It's hard to believe. We've always let her choose every single activity for the whole day to celebrate her birthday. She's always picked the very same things with only a little variation and this year was no different. First, she wanted a mommy date to the mall to play in the play area and see the crabs without Malachi. This year, one of them pinched her though so I'm not sure that tradition with be with us much longer. Then off to Fun City Pizza with Austin and Malachi which worked out nicely since it was also the place to drop off good for our playgroup bake sale. After that, the pet store to see the animals followed by Barnes and Noble for some books and playing. Then we picked out a toy at Toys R Us and ended our day with supper and ice cream at McDonalds where Malachi got stuck on the ladder and freaked out and this very pregnant mommy had to climb up to rescue him. Still, it was a fun day and I'm every bit as much in love with that sweet girl as ever. She's a smart, compassionate (well, sometimes not so much with her brother but I think that's pretty normal), curious, beautiful little thing and I learn as much from her as she learns from me. Oh, and her birthday stats are around 38 lbs (about 25th percentile) and 42 inches tall which is about the 50% percentile for height.



No comments: