Saturday, September 27, 2008

Mommy got to hold me again

Not a whole lot to update, really. The doctors will be running an MRI on Monday to check my little bleeds. I had a seizure early this morning at about 1 am and it was a little longer but pretty mild. Since then, they put me on phenylbarbitol (or something like that) to keep me from seizing anymore and I haven't since then. I'm also on Bili lights to help with my jaundice.
The really happy news from today is that our nurse let mommy hold me again for a little bit. That was a big deal for me and mommy and daddy. I missed them even though they get to see me a lot. I liked to hear mommy and started making my little grunty noises again and respond a little better than I have. Mostly, I've just been zonked out from all my meds. Also, today, I started intravenous nutrition. It's no mommy's milk but at least it's something. Mommy's been pumping for the day that I get to eat real food again.
Here are some new pictures from today:

6 comments:

Erin said...

i work down by Ronald McDonald...if you need anything or want a guest, let me know! my #'s on my facebook page.

Jessie said...

Malachi we are praying for you! You are such a handsome boy! I'm so happy that mommy was able to hold you today. I'm sure she loved that! We hope to get to see you soon.

Jackie said...

Praying for all of you guys. Love you very, very much.

The Eichs said...

Browns,
We are praying for you guys! If you need to chat with someone, please give us a call! I know from experience how hard this must be for you guys. Glad to see Malachi is doing so well!

Debra Eichenberger

Anonymous said...

m gggfgf khiyiiyfiyyyyyyymjk;[ ooirio itpiol
ia says olivia.
osjfgab.'h/ ';' Says: Hi Malachi
iuuuytrerqw1q: a Says: Miss you
jfhjtifdklhjg,b,hlhhlh Says: Get better
gdsbv,..;oppewub v Says: See you tomorrow
bkb,n.niygkgwvmvv, Says: love you malachi-livi

We had a dinner at church and I ate alot of food and 2 little tiny candy bars that were on the table for decoration. One had rice krispies in it. I sat with Kerri and Grammy at church and was very good the whole time. I colored and played with a little people book that had windows to open. I sat by Kerri at dinner, too. I talked to Ethan, Caleb & Nathan's mommy for a long time after dinner. I told her all about Malachi, simon, chloe and jack. Then I went up stairs with and played alot. I told her how to do Pig sssoouuuuueeeeeee yell. That made Kerri laugh alot. I went with Kerri outside to the school bus. She took me inside to see it and sit in a seat. Then I found a dry erase board and wrote and erased alot. While I was doing that I looked out the window and saw the busses leaving so I stood at the window and told them goodbye and all the people on the bus goodbye until I couldn't see them anymore. Then Grammy and I went home, so I could take a nap that I really didn't want to take, because I was not grumpy or tired at all. But Grammy said we could just read book and rest, so I said ok. I got tired when Grammy was reading, but we couldn't find my passie. Grammy forgot it was in the bag in the car. So we called Granddad to go downtown and buy another one. It was not the same, but almost. Then Grammy remembered mine was in the car so Granddad went and got it for me. Grammy and I took a nap, because Grammy was tired, too. We woke up and Granddad found a tom & jerry cartoon that I wanted to watch then he put 2 veggie tales in for me. Grammy fixed supper and i ate broccoli with cheese, egg roll and pork chop while we watched the veggie tales. Then I talked to Daddy then Mommy called. So now i am trying to get Granddad to read a book while Grammy looks at Malachi's blog. Tomorrow we are picking up Uncle Jordan and coming to see you, Malachi. I am bring you a package to open, but I will help you and I am going to teach you how to play peek-a-boo so you won't have to wear your funny mask anymore. lkdflhlhgfiywuepj;fkabvnlhf Love you, Livi

Simply Organized said...

We are all anxiously waiting to hear the MRI results. Hope all is going well.