Thursday, September 25, 2008

My name is Malachi Andrew Brown and I'm BIG

Hello, friends and family! I'm finally here and just like Mommy predicted, I'm a BIG boy. I tipped the scales at 9 lbs. 11 oz. and I was still almost a whole week early. I'm 21 1/2 inches long and I like to eat already. I have dark blonde hair but I have quite a bit of it. It just doesn't show up in the pictures very well. My poor little head is all bruised and purple because when I decided to make my move, I did it really fast. Mommy's tailbone and I had a fight and neither of us won. I definitely recognized mommy's voice right away and turned to see her and then Olivia came I wanted to meet her too. I'd know that voice anywhere. And, Daddy sort of makes me cry so he's in charge of waking me up enough to eat. So far, everything's gone pretty well. Mommy didn't have any hemorraghing with me like with Olivia so she's feeling much better than she did at this time with her and knows what's going on a little better.
I've had my first sponge, hearing test, blood tests (that includes a bunch of ouchie needles in my heels because I'm so big that they keep checking my blood sugars), feedings, stinky and wet diapers, and right now, mommy's writing this so that I hang out with my pediatrician for a while...and maybe have an even more unpleasant experience than I've had so far with a circumcision. I'll keep you posted on my life. Daddy is trying to keep new pics and stuff posted on facebook and e-mails so you can check out more there, if you want. We're welcoming visitors all day today so if you want to come see us, feel free to come on over. We're in room 28 at Willow Creek Women's Hospital. Mommy likes it here and the nurses have been excellent.



1 comment:

Shelly said...

Yay!! So glad your here Malachi!

And so glad to hear that Mommy is doing well also.

You look absolutely adorable. I can't wait until your Mommy and Daddy bring you to New Springs so we can all see you and love on you!

Olivia-congrats on being a big sister! That's a huge thing and it takes a really special girl to be a big sister. Your going to do great!

Congrats Amy and Austin!