Saturday, September 27, 2008

Prayers, please!

I've had a bad day. We need your prayers. I had a seizure at around 3:00 am last night. The nurses took me to the nursery to monitor me and I had a few more so the pediatrician ordered some tests and called the Children's Hospital to see if there were further orders. The doctors said it would best to have me seen at the Children's Hospital so mommy and daddy requested KC Children's Mercy instead of LIttle Rock so we'd be closer to everyone. That worked out and I took an airplane while Mommy and Daddy took the van and Baba took Olivia and Jack.
We're here in KC now and they're running tests and monitoring me. So far, all the bloodwork has come back okay. They did a scan of my head and I have 2 little spots of brain bleeding. They said it may be because I came down so fast (also why my face is bruised). They're watching those spots and running more tests. I'm on anti-seizure medication and it makes me sleep almost all of the time. We should be here at least 5 days.
Please pray specifically for the doctors to have wisdom and much knowledge, the seizures to stop and to find out what's causing them. Also, mommy and daddy are pretty exhausted in every possible way. Pray for them to get some sleep and be able to hold it all together (that's gonna require a lot of God). It's very hard on mommy and daddy to only get to touch me and not hold me and it's kind of hard on me too but too much stimulation triggers the seizures.
We REALLY need God to intervene and we really need God to help up trust Him with all of this.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Amy and Austin-

Just wanted you to know that we've been praying for you guys non stop ever since we learned of Malachi's seizures.

I'm so thankful that ya'll are at Children's Mercy. We too are from Kansas City and the folks at Children's Mercy took EXCELLENT care of my youngest brother while he was growing up. There is no doubt that ya'll are in good hands...and having family close to help out and give support makes things even more bearable.

Try to stay strong!

Many prayers.............